Do I need a professional voice over? Can’t someone in my office just read the script?
It wasn’t until I started taking voice over classes and getting expert VO training that I fully realized how critical it is to breath life and believability into a spoken message- otherwise it can easily fall flat. Your intended audience is much more likely to respond to a professional voice over vs someone who’s reading a script because their boss asked them to do it (and chances are it will sound like they’re just “reading”).
If I want to move forward with booking you, what are the first steps?
Great! The first step is to email your script to me so I can review it at firstname.lastname@example.org In your email containing the script, please also provide the following information:
• What style/emotion do you want for the voice over? (Warm & friendly, professional, authoritative, conversational, etc.)
• Is there a time limit for the read? (Such as a 30 second commercial or 5 minute video.)
• How will the voice over be used? Is it for a commercial to be broadcast on TV/Radio, usage on the internet/social media, or internal company use only?
• Approximate deadline for your project.
• Finally, if there are unique or non-English words in the script, it’s always helpful to have pronunciation guidance to make sure I say them correctly for you.
Can you send me a custom sample before recording the final version of the voice over?
Absolutely. I always send clients a sample read to make sure we’re on the same page about the tone of the voice over and what feeling/vibe you’re trying evoke in your audience.
What is your turnaround time?
Typically 24 hours or less, factoring in the size of the project and the point at which we’ve made a final decision on how the script should be read.
How much will the voice over cost?
There are a number of variables that go into voice over rates, with script length and usage being two of the primary factors. Together we can come up with a pricing plan that works for your budget.
What if I need revisions after the voice over is delivered?
I always include a round of minor revisions and retakes if needed for no extra charge. If the scope of the revisions needed are more than a few lines or words (the original script is undergoing significant changes for example), then we would need to discuss an additional charge.
How do I pay for the voice over(s)?
My preference is PayPal since it’s a quick and easy way to transact payments. I can also accept payment via bill.com or a mailed check if those methods work better for you.
What format will my audio be delivered in?
I will send the voice over in high quality WAV format unless you would like me to send it in another format, much as MP3 or AIFF.
Are you union?
No, I work independently as a non-union voice actor.